619 - Swami Tejomayananda.

 


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday, May 22, 2021. 7:19.AM.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a vast ocean, there are multitudes of waves. Every wave has a fundamental and basic relationship with the ocean. It is ever related to the ocean without which and apart from which it has no existence. Its relationship with other waves is not fundamental; it is only ‘relative’.

Similarly, all of us have a fundamental relationship with the Lord. Our first and foremost relationship is with God. All other worldly relationships are secondary; they are fleeting and relative. That is why, our family members are referred to as ‘relatives!’ Our relationship with the Lord is eternal and absolute. Everyone else, with whom I am associated, also has a fundamental relationship with the Lord. Therefore, when I serve anyone, I must keep in mind, “I am worshipping God.”

In this manner, actions remain the same, but something extra gets added to them. Duty itself is a seva and that seva is also my worship of God. If I serve my mother, looking upon her only as mother, then I am performing the duty and seva of a son. But, if I do it as worship, then even though the work and duty remain the same, the action becomes divine and spiritual. It becomes bhakti; it becomes worship.This is called spirituality.

******


====================================================================================

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

661-Swami Krishnananda.

574 - Swami Vivekananda